Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Which programming language do you like most?
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

XBLite Forum    General Boards    General Programming Discussion  ›  Which programming language do you like most?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Which programming language do you like most?  This thread currently has 5,683 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
noel001
May 8, 2012, 9:01am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Which programming language do you like most?

And why?
Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message
Guy1954
May 29, 2013, 9:31am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Big Member
Hi Noel,
XBLite of course. Because I can experiment all my heart's contents and I can browse the library sources for code snippets.
During the last 2 years, I heavily coded in Java for an DP ingeneer diploma.
From 1979 to 2002, I've been coding in COBOL, which is still my favorite language.
I heavily coded in C from 1989 to 2000 and I enjoyed it.
BTW, I'm working on XBLite's UTF-16 support so try to see if you want to port your GUI apps to Unicode.
Bye! Guy
Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 3
MrWrite
June 3, 2014, 2:23am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Baby Member
I like BASIC, but no real preference to which version.
BASIC allows me to do quick file changes without a lot
of coding.
I often need to do things like, Grab all the words in a file, sort them alphabetically,
then list each word only once. (This generates the vocabulary of a a text.) Or similar
things like converting a text list to HTML tables.

I am now exploring xblite because I need more speed for the complex problems.
One of my efforts took over three months of computing time (running WIN2000 at 2.5 ghz).

I have a "TEST model running that should be done in four/five days right now.

Ah, to dream of the day I could just "throw money at the project" instead of learning
other languages.

I know Pascal, various BASICs, Javascript, Java, and I remember COBOL and ForTran.
I used to know C.
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 3
the_watchmann
November 14, 2018, 4:18pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Xbasic. Yeah, I know it's old fashioned but honestly I have had years of fun with it and managed to do so much more than I originally thought possible. XBLite has always been a bit on the difficult side and the only times I use it is when I need to do something small for a windows user. (I personally use only Linux Mint). Have never gone into the really deeper side of XBL, which is a pity. I can code in Python, javascript, HTML and CSS as well as QuickBasic and VB6, my first languages learned. Oh yes... not that young anymore... but young at heart!
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Skype Skype Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

XBLite Forum    General Boards    General Programming Discussion  ›  Which programming language do you like most?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread