Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
XstSetProgramName? Vixen problem perhaps?
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

XBLite Forum    General Boards    XBLite Programming  ›  XstSetProgramName? Vixen problem perhaps?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

XstSetProgramName? Vixen problem perhaps?  This thread currently has 2,762 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
engineeral
March 2, 2011, 7:11pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Baby Member
I am using Windows XP Pro SP3. I recently have been trying XBLite with Vixen.  I was trying to use the WIN API but I have become lost in the layers and layers of calls to functions and pre-defined variables.  So I thought why not try the Vixen option of using XBasic's Xui?  I hoped the documentation would be less deep and many-layered.

I tried that and when I compile using XBLite I get two different error message.  One occurs only once - it says that in
     program$ = PROGRAM$(0)
     XstSetProgramName (@program$)
the XstSetProgramName is undeclared.  I cannot find documentation on XstSetProgramName.  I would assume it is in the xst standard library, which is INCLUDEd in my code.  There is a file xst.dec but no file xst.lib or xst.dll

The other error occurs for every instance of a line like:
XuiSendMessage ( g, #SetColor, $$BrightGrey, $$Black, $$Grey, $$White, 0, 0)
xui is INCLUDEd in the source code.  There is a file xui.dec but no xui.lib or xui.dll

The error message says #SetColor is undefined.  Yet elsewhere in the code from Vixen is a line:
     XgrRegisterMessage (@"SetColor", @#SetColor)

There is an xgr.dec file in the c:/xblite/include directory, but there is no xgr.lib file in c:/xblite/lib.
There are many other XuiSendMessage calls without error, just the SetColor ones have an error.
There are many XgrRegisterMessage calls - none give an error - for SetColor or for other parameters.

Argh!  I suppose I am missing something, probably something real basic (hah!)
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Al Taylor.
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message
patrik20pearson
May 11, 2011, 5:14am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Hi, i think this question is related with OS, till now I haven't face such kind of problem , Surly i will tell you the solution asap.
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 2
Guy1954
September 20, 2011, 10:18pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Hi Al,

When you select the Xui GUI (XBasic's cross-platform GUI),
viXen generates code only to complie with XBasic, not XBLite.

Bye! Guy

PS. XBLite's purpose is to use the native Windows GUI instead of Xui, at the expense of the portability.
viXen allows you to prototype for XBLite if you want performance or XBasic if you want portability.
Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

XBLite Forum    General Boards    XBLite Programming  ›  XstSetProgramName? Vixen problem perhaps?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread