Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Non case sensitive keywords
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

XBLite Forum    General Boards    XBLite Compiler  ›  Non case sensitive keywords
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Non case sensitive keywords  This thread currently has 5,153 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
anta40
August 30, 2009, 10:29am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Baby Member
I just noticed that all XBLite keywords are uppercase, while on the other BASIC variants they don't need to be upper case.
Would it be difficult to implement this?
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message
Register
September 2, 2009, 10:58am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Hi anta40,

Max Reason decided (with reason) that all XBASIC's keywords would be uppercase. Visually, it allows you to separate keywords from User identifiers so I tend to think that it was a good design choice. A drawback is that you must type your keywords "caps on", which, like lzdude69 stated it, can cause cramps to your poor pinky.

To preserve your so useful pinky, D. has added the possibility to XSED to capitalize "on the fly" xblite's keywords. Works great for me and my pinky!

To answer precisely to your question: I see no reason to allow mixed case keywords and XSED will capitalize all keywords that you typed in lowercase. Just remember to turn on the proper editor switch.
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 2
anta40
September 2, 2009, 2:37pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Baby Member
If it's by design then I think I can accept. Personally, I prefer lowercase keywords, like in C. Uppercase keywords sometime look annoying. No big deal, anyway...  

And maybe I should use XSED, instead of a common programming editor...

Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

XBLite Forum    General Boards    XBLite Compiler  ›  Non case sensitive keywords

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread