Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
"TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen" trojan pops up when compiled!
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

XBLite Forum    General Boards    General Programming Discussion  ›  "TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen" trojan pops up when compiled!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

"TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen" trojan pops up when compiled!  This thread currently has 17,658 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
ExoTek
April 27, 2009, 9:20pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Baby Member
I keep getting the "TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen" warning when I compile my code ...
My anti-virus is "Avira home edition" and the code I just tryed is the "menu" demo in the "gui" sub-dir.

Can anyone tell me what file keeps getting infected and why...
Every time I find myself re-downloading xbl and re-installing it, its ok for a while and then BANG!!!  

Of course, the first time that this happened, I went through a total scan of my system with both my anti-vir and "spy-bot" but it is still comming back! And the worst part is that it only happens with my most beloved xbl (I put a smiley here but in fact I was looking for a little face drowning in a sea of tears!)

Heeeelp!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message
April 28, 2009, 10:46am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Hi Exo,

It is very likely a false positive.  See a discussion here (http://www.masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=10462.0) of this problem in association with using GoAsm, the assembler used as the backend to xblite.

Greg
E-mail E-mail Reply: 1 - 2
ExoTek
April 28, 2009, 1:04pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Thanks Greg,

That explains it all.

At least now I nkow that there is nothing behind this.
Worst comes to worst I just tell Avira to 'Ignore' and go on...

It still bug me though that it doesn't do it every times... Usualy, a computer will always comes to the same result given a particular situation...?
I guess that somethings turn out differently from one time to another and that's enaugh to trigger the alarm?...

Anyways, thanks again Greg.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

XBLite Forum    General Boards    General Programming Discussion  ›  "TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen" trojan pops up when compiled!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread